AVAILABLE JOBS: SEARCH RESULTS
Monterey (1 jobs)
Santa Cruz (1 jobs)
Home support Specialists
Imagine Supported Living Services
All of Santa Cruz...
Full time and Part time support people needed for varying shifts and days.. Great second job, students, or those looking for new experiences!
Current shifts available for Home Support Specialist:
Mon ¡V Fri. 2:30 PM to 8:30PM
WED, & Thur 8:30P-8¡¨30A, Sat 4:30A-8:30P and alternate Fri. 8:30P-8:00A
Thur.3PM-7PM, Sat & Sun 8:30am to 4:30PM
Sun, Mon, Thurs. 9AM to 3PM
Sat, Sun, Mon, Thur, Fri, 4P-7P
Please visit our website to review the Home Support Specialist job description: http://imaginesls.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Home_Support_Specialist.pdf
For lead staff job description follow this link; http://imaginesls.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Live-in_Home_Support_Specialist.pdf
Applicants are encouraged to apply though our online application. Please do not just send a resume. See ¡§How To Apply¡¨ below.
Home Support Specialists work, on a one to one basis, with an adult who has a developmental disability in that person’s private residence. Duties may include; providing general companionship, meal preparation, personal hygiene assistance and activity planning, assistance in participating in community and other events, assistance with completing errands and shopping, providing transportation in the Support Specialist’s vehicle to events, appointment and errands.
Live-In Home Support Specialist: Share a three bedroom home, have use of private bedroom & bath and shared use of all common areas, and provide support during scheduled shifts. This is very rewarding work, where the right person will learn as much as they teach. Duties include providing support with daily living activities, providing companionship, and assisting this person in working on goals that she has set for herself. Information on how to apply is at the bottom of this posting.
Experience is strongly preferred but not required. We do require; good written and oral communication skills, and experience with word processing and internet use. Applicants must also have a registered/insured vehicle, and a clean DMV record (not more than 2 points).
Employee team members are responsible for supporting the emotional, physical, and personal well-being of the individual receiving support. You are expected to assist the person you work with in leading a self-directed life, safeguard the confidentiality and privacy of that person, and to respect and recognize the human dignity, uniqueness and value of each person you support. The successful Imagine employee is reliable, energetic, flexible, capable of working both independently and as part of a team, and is a positive role model for Imagine’s clientele.
Qualifications for Home Support Specialist and Live-in Staff:
- A high school diploma or its equivalent.
- A minimum of one year of experience with adults who have intellectual disabilities (or similar experience), is strongly preferred.
- Ability to assist the individual with activities of daily living including bathing, toileting, and other self-help skills.
- Able to maintain First Aid and CPR certification (We provide your training)
- A California driver license, a good driving record, and a registered and insured vehicle.
- Ability to clear a Department of Justice, or criminal background check.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds
- Competitive wages (dependent upon experience and hours scheduled)
- Mileage reimbursement (for transportation provided to consumer)
- Paid time off accrual (For Fulltime staff only ¡V 30 hrs or more a week)
- Medical & Dental insurance (For Fulltime staff only ¡V 30 hrs or more a week)
- Vision Care Reimbursement Plan (For Fulltime staff only ¡V 30 hrs or more a week)
How to Apply:
Please visit our website to complete the online application http://imaginesls.org/employment-opportunities/
Additional hours may be available on a substitute basis. Please direct any questions you have to: Anai-i Aranda (831) 464-8355, ext. 2 or email at top of this posting.
Imagine is an equal opportunity employer, and all personnel decisions are made without prejudice or discrimination. We value the individuality of each employee and work to create cohesive, cooperative teams as an integral part of each circle of support for those people receiving our services.
Imagine Supported Living Services
1395 41st Avenue, Suite A
Capitola, CA 95010
(831) 464-8355 FAX (831) 464-8658
INTERMONT GROUP, LTD
Full time Terminal Operator position available.
• Maintenance, forklift operator, and basic computer skills helpful.
• High school diploma/GED, and valid driver’s license required.
• Background check and drug test required.
• Company paid benefits.
Candidates responding to this job must possess the eligibility to work in the United States.
This is only a three man operation so self motoviation is a must.
Monterey Peninsula College Foundation
Full-time (40 hours per week)
Hourly Wage: Starting at $30/hour, plus benefits
CLOSING DATE: OCTOBER 13, 2014
The Accounting Manager reports directly to the Executive Director and is responsible for a variety of complex assignments related to the administration of financial and accounting functions within the MPC Foundation, including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, bank reconciliations, and financial analysis and reporting. The Accounting Manager provides daily oversight of fiscal operations and internal controls to ensure accurate and timely financial transactions and reporting. In addition, the Accounting Manager assists with preparing annual budgets, audits, and tax documents. The Accounting Manager must meet tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
MPC Foundation employees are not employees of Monterey Peninsula Community College District.
Please submit your resume and letter of interest to the MPC Foundation via email: MPCFoundationinfo@mpc.edu, or mail to: 980 Fremont Street, Monterey, CA 93940. In order to be considered for this position materials must be received by Monday, October 13, 2014 at 5:00p.m. Monterey Peninsula College Foundation reserves the right to close or continue the recruitment at any time. Monterey Peninsula College Foundation is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and encourages applications from all qualified applicants.
Tentative interview date: October 28, 2014
Tentative hire dates: November 3, 2014
>MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
• Process all Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables and General Ledger transactions in a timely and accurate fashion.
• Process Payroll semi-monthly.
• Maintain fiscal records; prepare monthly bank reconciliations and a Reconciliation of All Funds that tracks balances for multiple restricted and unrestricted funds.
• Monitor cash balances in various accounts.
• Enter monthly investment data into accounting system; post interest earnings to appropriate accounts.
• Provide timely and accurate monthly and annual financial reports.
• Serve as a resource to the Foundation’s Finance and Investment Committees; attend meetings regularly.
• Assist the Foundation’s external auditors by preparing information requested.
• Ensure efficient internal accounting controls; prepare and recommend accounting-related procedures in accordance with the Foundation’s policies and GAAP for Non-profit Corporations.
• Maintain confidentiality of information in accordance with the Foundation’s policies and State and Federal regulations.
• Assist with preparing the Foundation’s annual budget.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional organizations.
• Assist with the implementation of new accounting software (the Financial Edge).
• Help to ensure all financial deadlines are met.
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Any combination of education, experience, and training that would indicate possession of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities listed herein. For example, an Associate’s degree in accounting and a minimum of three years’ experience with increasingly responsible activities related to bookkeeping and maintaining fiscal records.
Knowledge and Abilities:
• Knowledge of basic principles, methods, and practices of non-profit accounting, including Restricted and Unrestricted Fund accounting.
• Thorough understanding of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
• Knowledge of policies and practices associated with payroll and benefits administration
• Experience using QuickBooks software
• Knowledge of Blackbaud Financial Edge software and/or ability to learn new accounting software systems.
• Ability to perform complex bookkeeping functions and mathematical computations
• Ability to work independently, with little supervision
• Ability to priorities tasks and perform several tasks simultaneously
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain detailed records
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and to react with discretion under varying conditions
• Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally
PHYSICAL EFFORT/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Light to moderate physical effort; occasional standing or walking; periodic handling of lightweight parcels up to 30 pounds. Indoor, open space work environment. Occasional weekends and evenings.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment with the Monterey Peninsula College Foundation is at will. All new employees are required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. Foundation employees are not employees of Monterey Peninsula Community College District, but Foundation offices are located on the MPC campus in the Administration Building. Smoking on the MPC campus is limited to designated smoking areas.
© Copyright 2015 Carmel Enterprises - All Rights Reserved
Salinas jobs - Help Wanted, Jobs and Employment services for Salinas, Salinas Valley,Soledad, Monterey,Carmel,Seaside,Marina,and Monterey Bay.