AVAILABLE JOBS: SEARCH RESULTS
Santa Cruz (1 jobs)
Watsonville (2 jobs)
Senior Applications Analyst
Pajaro Valley Unified School District
Performs advanced analysis, development, testing and documentation of computer systems. Isolates and corrects application errors in a timely manner. Maintains a functional level of perspective of user’s current and future needs. Ensures integrity of the database structures. Develops interfaces to external systems.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
Under general supervision provides highly technical applications analysis and programming services. Requires exercise of some independent judgment when analyzing and resolving problems or developing solutions. Volume of work is high and requires the ability to prioritize projects to meet user’s needs. Interactions with others inside the organization are frequent and usually technical in nature.
This is the second level in a broad-based technical/professional, applications/programming/systems analysis career ladder. Advancement along this ladder can occur through mastery of multiple applications. At level I, incumbents are expected to have expertise in one of the District’s major operating systems such as business/finance packages or SASI. At the senior level, the position is capable in all systems and can independently assist users in defining and developing new applications.
ESSENTIAL TYPES OF DUTIES (Examples)
Depending on the area of concentration, incumbents are expected to perform some, not all, of the following duties:
• Ensures that administrative systems such as SASI or those with business packages, provide the services required by the District. Talks to users to determine requirements. Creates new programs and processes or modifies old processes.
• Corrects problems with business and educational applications. Troubleshoots to determine problem, corrects problems and trains users as needed on procedural changes or proper use. Makes sure that any changes to critical areas (funding, budgets, payroll, etc.) are accurate and functioning properly.
• Installs new applications releases. Installs software in testing environment. Reapplies in-house applications modifications. Performs initial testing before releasing version to users in test environment. Corrects any discovered defects. Applies new release to the production environment when user testing is completed. Aids system manager in determining local changes. Aids in installation of final upgrade. Designs, develops and tests computer applications, systems and files to meet users’ needs. Works directly with users to determine current and future program needs and design/develop programs to meet those needs. Tests programs, fine tunes based on test results and implements. Develops user documentation in conjunction with user software support person.
• Troubleshoots application errors or applications not operating. In conjunction with users, isolates problems from symptoms, determines alternatives and develops and implements resolution. If problem is user error, works with operator to improve user instructions or train for better understanding.
• Manages database table and table space sizes. Tracks the rate of table growth and tablespace sizes. Determines optimum sizes based on growth speed. Compresses tables on a periodic basis.
• Ensures integrity of the database structures. Creates database elements for project development and performance enhancements. Assures data integrity when developing, maintaining or enhancing applications.
• May maintain certain aspects of an inter-office web server. Applies upgrades to web server. Configures server to function as needed. Creates custom programs to deliver any needed information.
• Creates utilities for technology staff use to enhance department and staff production and processes.
• Provides troubleshooting support for the District’s operating system. Diagnoses problems and makes necessary repairs or changes.
• Maintains current technical skills and systems knowledge while learning to use new technologies in a self-directed environment.
• Performs other related duties as required to accomplish the objectives of the position.
Knowledge and Skills:
Requires thorough knowledge of complex principles and procedures of computer systems, including analysis and design. Requires progressive experience in systems design and development. Requires experience with systems and applications used throughout the District, including data base tools, programming languages and SQL, Finance, Payroll and Student data applications. Requires problem solving and analytical skills. Requires sufficient communications skills to conduct individual instruction, technical assistance, and apply understandable lines of questioning when trying to understand department needs or problems.
Must be able to perform all of the relevant duties of the position with only general supervision. Must be able to operate a variety of computer terminals, printers, and peripheral equipment. Requires the ability to analyze precedented, yet highly technical problems and to develop and apply appropriate solutions. Requires the ability to perform a full range of systems analysis and complex applications programming duties. Must be able to analyze, design, program, install and maintain highly technical and complex systems operations and applications programs. Requires the ability to analyze data and develop logical solutions. Must be able to design and implement computer systems. Requires the ability to discuss technical information with users, discern their needs and develop programs, systems, screens, etc., which meet those needs. Must be able to communicate technical and complex information to ’non-technical’ users. Requires the ability to provide training to on-line users in use of computer equipment and operating procedures. Must be able to read, understand and apply information from technical manuals. Must be able to prioritize work in order to meet deadlines and maintain schedules.
Position involves light to medium walking, standing, stooping, carrying and lifting of light weight materials (under 25 pounds). Requires visual acuity to read numbers, letters, and images; depth perception; hand and finger dexterity to use a keyboard, and hand-eye coordination. Requires speaking and hearing ability sufficient to hear over phone and carry on routine conversation.
Education and Experience:
Position requires a combination of education and experience equivalent to an AA degree plus five years experience; or a BS degree plus two years experience.
Part time Delivery Driver
Big J’s Pizza
Seeking part time delivery driver.
Job consist of delivering pizzas to homes & businesses, and answering phone.
Looking for someone to work 3 evenings a week.
In-Home support Specialists
Imagine Supported Living Services
Full time and Part time support people needed for varying shifts and days.
Great second job, students, or those looking for new experiences!
Current shifts available for Home Support Specialist:
Mon ¡V Fri. 2:30 PM to 8:30PM
WED, & Thur 8:30P-8¡¨30A
Alternate Fri. 8:30P-8:00A
Thur.3PM-7PM, Sat & Sun 8:30am to 4:30PM
Sun, Mon, Thurs. 9AM to 3PM
Sat, Sun, Mon, Thur, Fri, 4P-7P
Please visit our website to review the Home Support Specialist job description: http://imaginesls.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Home_Support_Specialist.pdf
For lead staff job description follow this link; http://imaginesls.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Live-in_Home_Support_Specialist.pdf
Applicants are encouraged to apply though our online application. Please do not just send a resume. See ¡§How To Apply¡¨ below.
Home Support Specialists work, on a one to one basis, with an adult who has a developmental disability in that person’s private residence. Duties may include; providing general companionship, meal preparation, personal hygiene assistance and activity planning, assistance in participating in community and other events, assistance with completing errands and shopping, providing transportation in the Support Specialist’s vehicle to events, appointment and errands.
Live-In Home Support Specialist:
Share a three bedroom home, have use of private bedroom & bath and shared use of all common areas, and provide support during scheduled shifts. This is very rewarding work, where the right person will learn as much as they teach. Duties include providing support with daily living activities, providing companionship, and assisting this person in working on goals that she has set for herself. Information on how to apply is at the bottom of this posting.
Experience is strongly preferred but not required. We do require; good written and oral communication skills, and experience with word processing and internet use. Applicants must also have a registered/insured vehicle, and a clean DMV record (not more than 2 points).
Employee team members are responsible for supporting the emotional, physical, and personal well-being of the individual receiving support. You are expected to assist the person you work with in leading a self-directed life, safeguard the confidentiality and privacy of that person, and to respect and recognize the human dignity, uniqueness and value of each person you support. The successful Imagine employee is reliable, energetic, flexible, capable of working both independently and as part of a team, and is a positive role model for Imagine’s clientele.
Qualifications for Home Support Specialist and Live-in Staff:
- A high school diploma or its equivalent.
- A minimum of one year of experience with adults who have intellectual disabilities (or similar experience), is strongly preferred.
- Ability to assist the individual with activities of daily living including bathing, toileting, and other self-help skills.
- Able to maintain First Aid and CPR certification (We provide your training)
- A California driver license, a good driving record, and a registered and insured vehicle.
- Ability to clear a Department of Justice, or criminal background check.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds
„« Competitive wages (dependent upon experience and hours scheduled)
„« Mileage reimbursement (for transportation provided to consumer)
„« Paid time off accrual (For Fulltime staff only ¡V 30 hrs or more a week)
„« Medical & Dental insurance (For Fulltime staff only ¡V 30 hrs or more a week)
„« Vision Care Reimbursement Plan (For Fulltime staff only ¡V 30 hrs or more a week)
How to Apply:
Please visit our website to complete the online application http://imaginesls.org/employment-opportunities/
Additional hours may be available on a substitute basis. Please direct any questions you have to: Anai-i Aranda (831) 464-8355, ext. 2 or email at top of this posting.
Imagine is an equal opportunity employer, and all personnel decisions are made without prejudice or discrimination. We value the individuality of each employee and work to create cohesive, cooperative teams as an integral part of each circle of support for those people receiving our services
Imagine Supported Living Services
1395 41st Avenue, Suite A
Capitola, CA 95010
© Copyright 2014 Carmel Enterprises - All Rights Reserved
Salinas jobs - Help Wanted, Jobs and Employment services for Salinas, Salinas Valley,Soledad, Monterey,Carmel,Seaside,Marina,and Monterey Bay.