AVAILABLE JOBS: SEARCH RESULTS
Monterey (1 jobs)
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for:
Providing advanced office support to the Santa Cruz County Regional Transportation Commission (RTC) planners, managers and the Executive Director.
The administrative assistant performs independent, responsible, confidential, and complex administrative, technical and clerical work, independent information gathering, information preparation, and other related work as required.
Working relationships with others are frequent and extend beyond the RTC office to other agencies, interest groups, and the general public. Work is performed in an office setting.
Only completed job applications will be considered.
A job application must include:
- RTC job application.
- Resume, cover letter, and supplemental questions.
- Please visit our website for full instructions.
INTERMONT GROUP, LTD
Full time Terminal Operator position available.
• Maintenance, forklift operator, and basic computer skills helpful.
• High school diploma/GED, and valid driver’s license required.
• Background check and drug test required.
• Company paid benefits.
Candidates responding to this job must possess the eligibility to work in the United States.
This is only a three man operation so self motoviation is a must.
Monterey Peninsula College Foundation
Full-time (40 hours per week)
Hourly Wage: Starting at $30/hour, plus benefits
CLOSING DATE: OCTOBER 13, 2014
The Accounting Manager reports directly to the Executive Director and is responsible for a variety of complex assignments related to the administration of financial and accounting functions within the MPC Foundation, including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, bank reconciliations, and financial analysis and reporting. The Accounting Manager provides daily oversight of fiscal operations and internal controls to ensure accurate and timely financial transactions and reporting. In addition, the Accounting Manager assists with preparing annual budgets, audits, and tax documents. The Accounting Manager must meet tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
MPC Foundation employees are not employees of Monterey Peninsula Community College District.
Please submit your resume and letter of interest to the MPC Foundation via email: MPCFoundationinfo@mpc.edu, or mail to: 980 Fremont Street, Monterey, CA 93940. In order to be considered for this position materials must be received by Monday, October 13, 2014 at 5:00p.m. Monterey Peninsula College Foundation reserves the right to close or continue the recruitment at any time. Monterey Peninsula College Foundation is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and encourages applications from all qualified applicants.
Tentative interview date: October 28, 2014
Tentative hire dates: November 3, 2014
>MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
• Process all Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables and General Ledger transactions in a timely and accurate fashion.
• Process Payroll semi-monthly.
• Maintain fiscal records; prepare monthly bank reconciliations and a Reconciliation of All Funds that tracks balances for multiple restricted and unrestricted funds.
• Monitor cash balances in various accounts.
• Enter monthly investment data into accounting system; post interest earnings to appropriate accounts.
• Provide timely and accurate monthly and annual financial reports.
• Serve as a resource to the Foundation’s Finance and Investment Committees; attend meetings regularly.
• Assist the Foundation’s external auditors by preparing information requested.
• Ensure efficient internal accounting controls; prepare and recommend accounting-related procedures in accordance with the Foundation’s policies and GAAP for Non-profit Corporations.
• Maintain confidentiality of information in accordance with the Foundation’s policies and State and Federal regulations.
• Assist with preparing the Foundation’s annual budget.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional organizations.
• Assist with the implementation of new accounting software (the Financial Edge).
• Help to ensure all financial deadlines are met.
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Any combination of education, experience, and training that would indicate possession of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities listed herein. For example, an Associate’s degree in accounting and a minimum of three years’ experience with increasingly responsible activities related to bookkeeping and maintaining fiscal records.
Knowledge and Abilities:
• Knowledge of basic principles, methods, and practices of non-profit accounting, including Restricted and Unrestricted Fund accounting.
• Thorough understanding of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
• Knowledge of policies and practices associated with payroll and benefits administration
• Experience using QuickBooks software
• Knowledge of Blackbaud Financial Edge software and/or ability to learn new accounting software systems.
• Ability to perform complex bookkeeping functions and mathematical computations
• Ability to work independently, with little supervision
• Ability to priorities tasks and perform several tasks simultaneously
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain detailed records
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and to react with discretion under varying conditions
• Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally
PHYSICAL EFFORT/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Light to moderate physical effort; occasional standing or walking; periodic handling of lightweight parcels up to 30 pounds. Indoor, open space work environment. Occasional weekends and evenings.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment with the Monterey Peninsula College Foundation is at will. All new employees are required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. Foundation employees are not employees of Monterey Peninsula Community College District, but Foundation offices are located on the MPC campus in the Administration Building. Smoking on the MPC campus is limited to designated smoking areas.
© Copyright 2015 Carmel Enterprises - All Rights Reserved
Salinas jobs - Help Wanted, Jobs and Employment services for Salinas, Salinas Valley,Soledad, Monterey,Carmel,Seaside,Marina,and Monterey Bay.